Sunday, December 3, 2017

Rainy Day Sunshine Fun-Time Sunday Morning Low-Res Cartoon Show #22

I thought I'd show old cartoons like I play old records, but couldn't find a host. The rights are even more complicated here so I've gotten around it by only embedding things that have already been posted by someone else, absolving me altogether.

I take no responsibility for anything removed by the rightholders, watermarks from previous second-generation sources, editing, cropping, or other ways links that have been broken by parties other than me. Once in a while you'll come across offensive racial stereotypes. Remember the cartoon is about the story and not about them. JACK AND THE BEANSTALK
Celebrity Productions Inc., 1933
dir: Ub Iwerks THE SCREWY TRUANT
Metro Goldwyn Mayer, 1945
dir: Tex Avery WHAT ON EARTH!
National Film Board of Canada, 1966
dirs: Kaj Pindal & Les Drew
Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject Blackie: NO MUTTON FOR NUTTIN
Famous Studios, 1943 FELIX DOPES IT OUT
Pat Sullivan Studios, 1925 THE SELFISH GIANT
Gerald Potterton Productions, 1972
dir: Peter Sanders
Academy Award Nominee: Best Short Subject SELF DEFENSE FOR COWARDS
Rembrandt Films (CZ), 1962
dir: Gene Deitch
Academy Award Nominee, Best Short Subject DOG MEETS DOG
Screen Gems, 1942
dir: Frank Tashlin EVERYTHING IS A NUMBER
Se-Ma-For Studios, 1967
dir: Stefan Schabenbeck Pathe's Weekly Pictorial: WE NEARLY LOSE HIM
U. I. C. Productions, 1926
dir: Sid Griffiths I WANT TO BUTT
Soyuzmultfilm, 1968
dir: Leonid Amalrik HOW I, THE EIGHTH MAN, CAME TO BE (Eighth Man Appearance)
TCJ Productions (JP), 1963
dir: Harayuki Kawajima THE OIL CAN MYSTERY
Terrytoons, 1933
dirs: Paul Terry & Frank Moser BOSKO THE LUMBERJACK
Vitaphone Pictures, 1932
dir: Hugh Harman

No comments:

Post a Comment