Thursday, November 16, 2017

Cartoons I don't get 22

These first two are from Judge October 9, 1909
Is that a windmill inside the blimp? Is that part of the joke?
Good Humor, circa 1964
   Is he CK-ing her?
   That's my new verb. It's gonna catch on.
Gregory D'Alessio
Hello Buddies, June 1952
   One clauses makes the other unnecessary, but I guess both are necessary in for the line to work. It's not really a joke, though. Nothing particularly scandalous about having a step-mother, even in 1952
   Oh, I see, he didn't know. I guess her sleeping over is the thing that's scandalous.
Al Ross
Hello Buddies, Winter 1950
Given the lead time for publishing and that cartoons are usually inventory, how did they know we were at war?
Life February 16, 1905
I don't know who this “Belasco” was. Somebody taking on funding for the arts in some way.
Gent, June 1963
Life January 5, 1905
Another one where I might get it if I knew who this was
Penthouse, October 1978
Puck June 16, 1880
Punch September 26, 1915
I don't think this has anything to do with the phrase “eat me” which I don't think was even coined yet, much less in use in the UK.
Sir Knight, circa 1959
   The old bring a prostitute to a hotel room and spending the night chestnut
   Though one could think the joke is that the cactus looks like a penis and testicles, but I don't think that's it.
Playboy, February 1968
Does him going down on her have something to do with it? And why isn't she reacting? Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment