Saturday, April 25, 2015

Magic Whistle Radio Hour 18

Things I've collected over the years or acquired on mixtapes and comps or gathered from the internet, the library, my parents' house, let's say all over the place. I make no claims to "discovering" or "owning" anything and neither do you. It's whatever I feel like playing that week. Things that may or may not be familiar. Who knows. Past weeks here too. Just click on this for the previous 18.

You can also download a zip- file of the show by right-clicking this.

FIVE STARS- Pickin' On the Wrong Chicken (1959)
BEN LARRY & HIS ORCHESTRA- It Takes A Good Man
   party record parodying 20s song
BETTY JOHNSON- The Little Blue Man (1957)
TRAILER- Blazing Stewardesses (1975)
   poster by comic artist/illustrator Gray Morrow
BOBBY SUE & HER FREELOADERS- Relief Check (1955)
HASIL ADKINS- She Said (1964)
TED NEWMAN- Brigitte (Bardot) (1958)
CAB CALLOWAY- Some Of These Days (1930)
CHARLIE ALDRICH- Kinsey's Book (1953)
LOLA DEE- Hot Rod Henry (1956)
TRAILER- Coffy (1973)
BESSIE JACKSON- Barbeque Bess (c.1934)
THE CREW CUTS- The Legend Of Gunga Din (1961)
DAVE BARTHOLOMEW- Who Drank My Beer When I Was In the Rear (1952)
CASEY GRAMS- Count Down (1958)
LITTLE JACKY WAYNE- White Felt Hat (1960)
BIG BROWN & THE GAMBLERS- Menin Aide Thea (1962)
UNKNOWN- Diddling Nellie
RUTH BUZZI & ARTE JOHNSON- Don't Futz Around (1968)
EARL SINKS- Supermarket
MARTY ROBBINS- El Paso (1959)
   As a kid, I remember seeing a Steve Martin special with this song performed by monkeys, so now every time I hear it, I imagine it this way.
FATS WALLER- If You're A Viper (1943)
KAREN CHANDLER w/JACK PLEIS ORCHESTRA- Flash From the Blue (1953)
GEORGE FORMBY- Pleasure Cruise (1935)
JACQUELINE TAÏEB- 7 AM (1967)
   English and French versions of this song exist. I'll be playing the other soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment