Monday, February 18, 2013

Crazy #25

As I've been plowing through my humor magazines, I've noticed I have a lot of issues of Crazy, Marvel's brief venture into the black-and-white humor market inspired by Mad.This one's the 25th issue from May 1977.

Two things they would beat into the ground were the U.S. Bicentennial and Jimmy Carter, like in this cover by Bob Larkin Photobucket Photobucket Parody of Alice drawn by Kent Gamble. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket From the article Happiness for Today's Modern Kids, writing credited to Paul Lamont, one of many pen names of editor Paul Laikin Photobucket Drawn by Jerry Grandenetti Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket This article, New Selective Service Classifications for Civilians is signed by “Jackson Hooker” in quotes, who I believe is actually Bob Taylor. I don't know why he used an alias for this, since it's the only instance of this name I know of. My guess is that he was ashamed of the nudity in the article. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Parody of Logan's Run by Tom DeFalco and Walter Brogan. Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment