Monday, January 14, 2013

CRAZY #17

At one point I decided the number of images on a post was thirteen. I was excerpting books that had mostly thirteen cartoons per chapter and when you looked at a blog for the week the links on the side would line up perfectly. It sounded like a good plan at first, then I noticed the links had different sizes each day, so so much for my anal retentiveness. And now that I'm overviewing humor magazines in their entirety making me have to pick which pages, I decided fuck it, just show the first page of each article, the number of pages be damned.

The following is from Crazy #17, May 1976.

I'm not sure who did this cover. Photobucket The inside covers were the Ford poster and Marlbury ads from last issue.

Parody of Baretta by Len Herman and Murad Gumen. Photobucket They had a lot of articles about “women's lib” like this. Not only did they seem to feel threatened by it, they seem to have misunderstood the concept completely, thinking women who wanted equality wanted to be superior. Photobucket Parodies of movies written by people who probably never even saw them. Photobucket Photobucket Michael Ricigliano was one of the few contributors who stayed with the new editorial regime. Photobucket Photobucket Here's a picture of Stan Lee. “Aron Mayer” was the name of editor Paul Laikin's son, which he may have used to make it seem there were more writers on staff. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Fred Wolfe was probably a pseudonym. I think the artist credited was an accidental misspelling of Bill Skurski. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I think this was a reprint from an earlier issue and I may have even posted it, but I don't feel like looking. Photobucket Similar to Sick Sick World from when Paul Laikin was editing Sick. Photobucket I don't think Diane Levin and Anita Goldwasser were real people. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Back cover Photobucket Next Monday: Crazy #19.

No comments:

Post a Comment