Sunday, September 23, 2012

Magic Whistle: The Movie. September 2012

Here's the latest of the “animations” I've been doing monthly... People have asked me where I got the laughing from. It's not from the traditional laughtrack I've used in the other videos. It was something called the Okeh Laughing Record from 1923, probably most famous for its use in Tex Avery's last cartoon. The propaganda song is from a World War II song called We Did It Before And We Can Do It Again. I have no idea why the image here is flipped. I think it has something to do with being done so YouTube censor robots can't detect things which could potentially violate copyright. You may recognize it from a lot of cartoons, like this one directed by Friz Freleng. (incidentally, his colleague, Chuck Jones, would have been 100 this past Friday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment