Monday, May 24, 2010

Little Lambs

I said I'd print something making fun of Christians, and true to my word, here's this. Forgot I had it. Michael Sullivan sent this to me a few weeks ago. He's been filling me in on aspects of humor magazines and books I didn't know about. I can't print in its entirety now. Believe it or not, I've uploaded everything up to August. I also took out out any cartoons referring to the Old Testament, because even though it's a staple of Sunday schools, it's not entirely a Christian text. Here's some excerpts for LITTLE LAMBS in 1961. What I'd still like is something making fun of Christianity that's not mean-spirited or a vengeful backlash, and sold to the general public. The rest of KOSHER COMICS to follow this week.








2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of Father McCarthy's "Brother Juniper". Did you ever read collections of his strip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A reason from every panel for being kicked out of grammar school Bible class.

    Cheers!

    Steven G. Willis
    XOWComics.com

    ReplyDelete