Friday, July 10, 2009

Shaft, October 1953

I have a stack of old college humor magazines. They weren't like they are now where the humor is in girls showing their tits. Not that they were any more politically correct, which I guess is part of why I like them. A lot of the drawings are nice too, and usually never seen by more than 1000 people and none outside of the campus that usually sponsored them. There are a lot of blogs with old comics and magazines, but I doubt there are any that show regional college humor magazines.

Almost none of these people went on to do anything else, and probably had no aspirations to do so. I wonder what ever became of them. They'd be in their seventies now, if they're even still alive. They were just college students (in this case the University of Illinois) who did this extra-curricularly.







No comments:

Post a Comment