I thought I'd show old cartoons like I play old records, but can't find a host. The rights are even more complicated here so I've gotten around it by only embedding things that have already been posted by someone else, absolving me altogether.
I take no responsibility for anything removed by the rightholders, watermarks from previous second-generation sources, editing, cropping, or other ways links that have been broken by parties other than me. Once in a while you'll come across offensive racial stereotypes. Remember the cartoon is about the story and not about them.
Bullwinkle: THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Jay Ward Productions, 1962
Herculoids: MUTOIDS
Hanna-Barbera Productions, 1968
dir: Charles Nichols
SISYPHUS
Hungarofilms, 1975
dir: Marcell Jankovics
KNIGHTS OF OLD
Mel-O-Toons, 1959
dir: Phil Robinson
Count Screwloose: JITTERBUG FOLLIES
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1939
dir: Milt Gross
ALOUETTE
National Film Board of Canada, 1944
dir: Norman McLaren
Silly Symphonies: THE WISE LITTLE HEN
Walt Disney Studios, 1934
dir: Wilfred Jackson
Popeye: HAPPY BIRTHDAZE
Famous Studios, 1943
dir: Dan Gordon
MUGGY-DOO: BOY CAT
Paramount Pictures, 1963
dir: Seymour Kneitel
Krazy Kat: WEENIE ROAST
Screen Gems, 1931
dir: Charles Mintz
"Meet the Haunted Horror!"
-
It seems hard to believe, but on this day 14 years ago in 2012, *Haunted
Horror* (IDW / Yoe Books) was unleashed upon the world. Running 35 issues
until ...
46 minutes ago


No comments:
Post a Comment