Sunday, March 4, 2018

Rainy Day Sunshine Fun-Time Sunday Low-Res Cartoon Show #33: Oscar-Winners Edition

I thought I'd show old cartoons like I play old records, but can't find a host. The rights are even more complicated here so I've gotten around it by only embedding things that have already been posted by someone else, absolving me altogether.

I take no responsibility for anything removed by the rightholders, watermarks from previous second-generation sources, editing, cropping, or other ways links that have been broken by parties other than me. Once in a while you'll come across offensive racial stereotypes. Remember the cartoon is about the story and not about them.

And the award goes to...

FLOWERS AND TREES
Walt Disney Studios, 1932
dir: Burt Gillett REJECTED
Bitter Films, 2000
dir: Don Herzfeldt Tom and Jerry: JOHANN MOUSE
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1953
dirs: William Hanna, Joseph Barbera TWEETY PIE
Warner Bros. Pictures
dir: Isadore Freleng THE DOT AND THE LINE: A Romance in Lower Mathematics
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1965
dir: Chuck Jones WHEN MAGOO FLEW
United Productions of America, 1955
dir: Pete Burness MUNRO
Rembrandt Films, 1961
dir: Gene Deitch THE BOX
Murikami-Wolf Folms Inc., 1967
dir: Fred Wolf THE CRITIC
Pintoff-Crossbow Productions, 1963
dir: Ernest Pintoff CLOSED MONDAYS
Lighthouse Productions, 1974 dir: Bob Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment