Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cartoons I Don't Get 10

Playgirl, circa 1956
This one I do get and challenged myself by seeing if it said what I thought it did first (it was in Spanish) before translating it, and I was right. I knew it had something to do with sex.
Don Orehek
Playboy Spain, March 1979
Frederic Opper
Puck, August 1911 What city is this? There's no 27th Avenue in New York, or maybe there was 116 years ago and it's been underwater since then.
Adam, May 1973
Why are people on desert islands always attractive? Their clothes are always tattered so they've obviously been there a few days. They'd probably look like crustypunks.
Harvard Lampoon, February 1919
Another disproportionate desert island with the women all made up.
I guess the joke here is that Columbus was known for discovering things. There's no need for the setting, let alone a drawing.
Good Humor, circa 1964
Gregory D'Alessio
Hello Buddies, June 1952
Why would the guy be using an electrical cord instead of a piece of string or yarn?
Hello Buddies, April 1953
There's no need to even ask for a raise when you can possibly get more money suing for sexual harassment.Or maybe he just doesn't like her because her head and arms are on backwards.
Hello Buddies, circa 1951
Punch October 6, 1915
Punch November 6, 1927
London Life, June 1946
Esquire January 1934

No comments:

Post a Comment