Thursday, June 23, 2016

Man, 2 of 3

Here are more cartoons from the February 1950 issue of Man by cartoonists for the most part are from Australia and the UK and therefore I haven't heard of. The previous installment was here last week.
I wish I knew who the genius was behind this. If the resolution were high enough, I'd reprint it in the print version of my own comic.
Not a cartoon but who doesn't like a good misandrist illo?
MAN, 1950's, COLIN HOLFORD, GEORGE WOLFE, AL KAUFMAN, M. HORSEMAN

2 comments:

  1. This is just a guess, but not an entirely uneducated one: I think that two-page spread you liked might be by Jim Crocker, who was a gag cartoonist and comic strip artist in the UK - I know his work from British weeklies in the 1970s. The lettering and a few of the profiles (particularly the monster on the top right, with the gun) are clues, as is the "crock of gold" near the bottom; he was fond of puns on his name, and used to sign his work in later years with a Walt Simonson-like "crockerile" made out of the letters of his name. Could be wrong (I know his work from 25 years after this), but I feel it's him, deep down in my cartooning bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, "crockerile" should read "crockerdile". Letters in the shape of a crocodile, that is.

    ReplyDelete