Saturday, January 16, 2016

Magic Whistle Radio Hour 56

Things I've collected over the years or acquired on mixtapes and comps or gathered from the internet or the library or my parents' attic. I make no claims to "discovering" or "owning" anything. Probably neither do you. It's whatever I feel like playing that week. Things that may or may not be familiar. Who knows? Past weeks here too. Just type "Audio" in the search engine. Or if you're too lazy to press a button more than once, here are the first thirty. You don't get the playlists, though, and you can't get the shows after that yet. You can right-click this for later too if you want. Here's what information I was able to find:

UNKNOWN- Pinch Me
   song poem from LP Rat-A-Tat-Tat America
JIM HENSON'S MUPPETS- Women Can Be
   from Sesame Street, 1974
GINNY ARNELL- He Likes Rock and Roll Better Than Me (1962)
THE DIMPLES- Dreaming of You (1964)
DAVID GARRICK- Spicks and Specks
   cover of Bee Gees song

KILIMA HAWAIIANS- Kilima Rag (1962)
JACK PAAR & JACK HASKELL- I M 4 U (1956)
MEL BROOKS & DICK CAVETT- The 2500 Year Old Brewmaster (1965)
   Premium for Ballantine Ale
THE NOVAS- The Crusher (1964)
RON HAYDOCK & THE BOPPERS- 99 Chicks (1959)
BERT KAEMPFERT- A Swingin' Safari (1962)
BOB RANDOM- An Open Letter To My Father (1967)
   answer to Victor Lundberg's An Open Letter To My Teenage Son
MACY SKIPPER- Bop Pills (1956)
CALVIN BOZE- Safronia B (1950)
RAMBLIN' JIMMIE DOLAN- Hot Rod Race (1950)
OSCAR'S CHICAGO SWINGERS- The New Rubbin' On That Darn Old Thing (1936)
THE DEL KNIGHTS- Everything (c.1960)
DANNY ROSS- Go Baby Go
PIANO RED- I'm Nobody's Fool (1956)
DON SARGENT- The Jelly Coal Man (1958)
EDDIE HODGES- I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door (1961)
TRAILER- Fiend For Flesh
GEORGE FORMBY- Our Fanny's Gone All Yankee (1944)
SERGE GAINSBOURG w/BRIGITTE BARDOT- Comic Strip (1968)
CATHY RICH- Wild Thing (1967)
DICKIE GOODMAN- Election '80 (1980)

No comments:

Post a Comment