Saturday, November 28, 2015

Magic Whistle Radio Hour 49

Things I've collected over the years or acquired on mixtapes and comps or gathered from the internet or the library or my parents' attic. I make no claims to "discovering" or "owning" anything. Probably neither do you. It's whatever I feel like playing that week. Things that may or may not be familiar. Who knows? Past weeks here too. Just type "Audio" in the search engine. Or if you're too lazy to press a button more than once, here are the first thirty. You don't get the playlists, though, and you can't get the shows after that. You can right-click this if you want to save a zip file of this one (containing an mp3 of the file) for later. Here's what information I was able to find:

MINNIE & THE KNEEBONES- Me And My Miniskirt (1966)
FRANK CRUMIT- And Then He Took Up Golf
RED INGLE & HIS NATURAL SEVEN- He Came To Town As Hot As A $2 Pistol (1949)
TRAILER- Horror Chamber of Blood and Gore
RANDY “BOOTS” RANDOLPH- I'm Getting Your Message Baby (1958)
JACK PAAR- Funny What You Learn From Women (1958)
ANNIE LAURIE- I Ain't Gonna Let You In (1950)
RUTH WALLIS- Johnny Had A Yo-Yo
KAY ARMEN- Ha Ha Ha (1957)
TARANTULA GHOUL & HER GRAVEDIGGERS- King Kong (1958)
ABBOTT & COSTELLO- Laugh, Laugh, Laugh
LITTLE BONES- What'd I Say/Ya Ya
   Little Bones is Ike Turner
LOUIS JORDAN- Don't Burn The Candle At Both Ends (1948)
FRANK MESSINA & THE MAVERICKS- I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
STEVE ALLEN- Mah-Mah Limbo (1962)
MICKEY KATZ- I'm A Schlemiel Of Fortune
   parody of Wheel of Fortune from LP Mish Mosh, 1957
MR. GASSER & THE WEIRDOS- Doin' The Surfink (1964)
NATIONAL LAMPOON- Light Your Faith
   from National Lampoon Radio Hour, 1973

PERRY COMO- Like Young (1961)
R. CRUMB & HIS CHEAP SUIT SERENADERS- Fine Artiste Blues
   from EP R. Crumb and His Cheap Suit Serenaders No.2, 1976
TRAILER- Revenge Of The Cheerleaders (1976) ROSE MADDOX- Wild Wild Women (1955)
RAY STEVENS- School
SHELLY FABARES- Football Season's Over (1964)
PHIL HARRIS- Smoke Smoke Smoke (That Cigarette) (1947)

No comments:

Post a Comment