Saturday, October 17, 2015

Magic Whistle Radio Hour 43

Things I've collected over the years or acquired on mixtapes and comps or gathered from the internet or the library or my parents' attic. I make no claims to "discovering" or "owning" anything. Probably neither do you. It's whatever I feel like playing that week. Things that may or may not be familiar. Who knows? Past weeks here too. Just type "Audio" in the search engine. Or if you're too lazy to press a button more than once, here are the first thirty. You don't get the playlists, though, and you can't get the shows after that. You can right-click this if you want to save a zip file of this one (containing an mp3 of the file) for later. Here what information I was able to find:

MAC MCLANAHAN- That Nonsense Stuff (1968)
DICKIE GOODMAN- Ben Crazy (1961)
TRAILER- Dorian Gray (1970) EDDIE LAWRENCE- The Good Old Days (1958)
TRAILER- Females For Hire (1968)
GEORGE FORMBY- When I'm Cleaning Windows (1936)
UNKNOWN- Freddy The Freshman
   from cartoon of same name, 1932
GENE MARSHALL- Jimmy Carter Says Yes
   song poem
THE BOOTLES- I'll Let You Hold My Hand (1964)
BILLY BARTON- The Devil, My Conscience, And I (1958)
HANK PENNY- Bloodshot Eyes
BUGS BUNNY- Woo Woo
   from cartoon Hare-Um Scare-Um, 1939
PETE ROBERTS- Ho-Ho Rock and Roll (1956)
OWL JOLSON- I Love To Singa
   from cartoon of same name, 1935
JERRY REED- Mister Whiz (1956)
JIMMY HARRISON- Hiccups (1959)
THE JUDGE 'N JURY- Roaches (1966)
KERMIT THE FROG & JOEY- The Alphabet Song
   from Sesame Street, c. 1973
   :Sesame Street doesn't just teach letters and numbers, it also teaches about relationships
JOHN & JACKIE- Little Girl (1958)
   The innuendo in mainstream songs usually had some kind of double meaning that would get it past censors but I have no idea if there was supposed to be one here or if the single even got much airplay. Maybe it was a false flag so censors wouldn't notice things on other records.

VIC BERTON- In Inky Blinky Winky Chinatown (1935)
LISA AMBERS & THE VICTORY FIVE- Space Monkey
LOUIS JORDAN- Chicky-Mo Craney-Crow (1949)
BOOBIS & BOBBY- Love Fever (1958)
MIKE RUSSO- Let's Do The Fink
   from LP Fink Along With MAD, 1963
MEL BLANC- Daffy Duck's Rhapsody (1950)
   Franz Liszt would die happy knowing that, like with almost all classical music, most people born in the late 20th century only know of his work from cartoons.
LITTLE MILLIE SMALL- Bloodshot Eyes (1964)
VAN EPS BANJO ORCHESTRA- My Hindoo Man (1914) Also, this was last week's which for a few days I forgot to embed in the previous post, in case anyone listens to it that way instead of downloading it, and was looking for it. You know I don't just list a random group of songs and pictures, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment