Saturday, June 20, 2015

Magic Whistle Radio Hour 26

Things I've collected over the years or acquired on mixtapes and comps or gathered from the internet or the library or my parents' attic. I make no claims to "discovering" or "owning" anything. Most likely neither do you. It's whatever I feel like playing that week. Things that may or may not be familiar. Who knows. Sort of a musical companion to all the magazines and comics I post here regularly. I do a new one of these every week with no repetition. You can right click this for a zip file with an mp3 of this show if you don't want to listen to the above now. You can also get the last show and the one before that and the one before that etcetera etcetera by clicking this and scrolling down, each post also having the choice of listening to it now or saving it for later.

Here's the playlist and links to information on the musicians and songs when I could find it. Feel free to fill me in if you have information I don't:

TONY MARCH- Stompen Rock (1958)
BILLY STRANGE- Diesel Smoke, Dangerous Curves (1952)
EDD “KOOKIE” BYRNES- Like I Love You(1960)
ERNIE K. DOE- Get Out Of My House (1962)
YMA SUMAC- Five Bottles Mambo (1954)
GEORGE FORMBY- I Wonder Who's Under Her Balcony Now (1938)
FRANK SINATRA- High Hopes (With JFK) (1960)
UNKNOWN- Playmates (c.1936)
GILLIAN HILLS- Zou Bisou Bisou (1962)
CIDNEY SZA'VEE & THE RAIN- Marianna
THE PARTYGOERS- Goin' To The Moon (1955)
HANK WILLIAMS- No, No, Joe (1950)
JEAN THOMAS- He's So Near (1963)
SPIKE JONES & HIS CITY SLICKERS- Hotcha Cornia (1944)
ERNEST TUBB- If You Want Some Lovin' (1951)
THE DELLWOODS- Please Betty Jane (Shave Your Legs) (1963)
MEL BLANC- I Love Me (I'm Wild About Myself) (1953)
JERRY LEWIS- I Lost My Heart At A Drive-In Movie
   from motion picture The Patsy, 1964
MIKE SARNE- My Baby's Crazy About Elvis (1962)
JIM LOWE- Hootenanny Granny (1963)
TRAILER- Motorcycle Races
JOE LYONS & THE ARROWS- Shufflin' Jive (1959)
NATIONAL LAMPOON- Pizza Guy (1973)
   ”Goldie Oldie” from Woodstock parody by Alice Playten
THE ENCHANTERS- Cafe Bohemia (1959)
HARTMAN'S HEARTBREAKERS- Let Me Play With It (c. 1936)
KIRBY STONE FOUR- You Came From Outer Space
   from LP Man, I Flipped When I Heard the Kirby Stone Four,1958

No comments:

Post a Comment