Saturday, February 28, 2015

Magic Whistle Radio Hour 10

I changed the name. I really didn't like “Audio Elucidation”

You can also right click this to save a file of it. The previous 9 shows can be accessed through this hyperlink.

These are all things I've collected over the years or acquired on mixtapes and comps or gathered from the internet. I make no claims to "discovering" or "owning" anything and I'm making no profit from it. It's whatever I feel like playing that week. Things that may or may not be familiar. Who knows.

Here's the information I've tried to find on everything:

THE DEEP RIVER BOYS- What Did He Say (1947)
TOM CAT- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby
   Sung by Ira Woods in Solid Serenade, 1946
RUTH WALLIS-Tonight You Sleep In the Bathtub
THE DETERGENTS- Leader Of the Laundromat (1964)
JOHNNY LITTRELL- A Hard Day's Night (1964)
THE SURFSIDERS- Little Honda
   From The Surfsiders Sing The Beach Boys Songbook, 1965
DANNY WHEELER- The Teenie Weenie Man (1957)
WYNONIE HARRIS- Keep On Churnin' (1951)
PUKE, SPIT, AND GUTS- You Ain't Never (1980)
   Vocal by Marie Manslaughter

NATIONAL LAMPOON- Flash Bazbo, Space Explorer
   Christopher Guest as Flash, written by Doug Kenney
from National Lampoon Radio Hour, 1974

MAD- A Super-Spectacular Day 3(1979)
   Flexi-Disc from MAD Super-Special #31 that had eight different endings.

LOUIS JORDAN- Tamburitza Boogie (1950)
SPACE MAN & THE ROCKETS- Cave Man Love (1958)
JOSEPHINE- They Took You Away (I'm Glad, I'm Glad) (1966)
   Answer song to Napoleon XIV's They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha

BULLMOOSE JACKSON- I Want A Bowlegged Woman (1947)
GLADYS KANE- Mister Policeman (1962)
THE SURFER GIRLS- Draggin' Wagon (1964)
THE BELLES- Melvin (1966)
   Parody of Gloria. Trying to cancel out the sexist version from last week.

GEORGE FORMBY- Riding In the TT Races
HOMER & JETHRO- Gonna Send 'Em Home (1964)
LOS MATEMÁTICOS- La Pelea
NIKI REDMAN- Cops Rock
BESSIE SMITH- I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl
DON PEARLY- Drag Race (1958)
THE PLEASANT VALLEY BOYS- Robert E. Lee Broke His Musket On His Knee (1964)
   From Two Thousand Maniacs

No comments:

Post a Comment