Monday, October 1, 2012

Jetsons: Garbage In, Garbage Out

I did this for The Flintstones and the Jetsons #2 sometime in September 1997, one of the first Hanna-Barbera/DC stories I did.

The cover is kind of an inside joke. At the time, Bill Alger was living in Dallas and had a day job working on Barney. Photobucket Most of you are familiar with Ivan Brunetti, known more now for things like teaching and New Yorker covers. I haven't corresponded with him in a few years, but I know he's embarrassed by much of his earlier work. But I hope saying so will that may redeem that, though. This isn't a showcase for other current cartoonists, though, it's about me. Before using the style he uses now, he also did some work on the Hanna-Barbera titles before going on to bigger and better things. A lot of it was done with the assistance of a fellow named Thad Doria. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment