Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mexico MAD

Once again here's an example of another foreign MAD, this time issue 9 from the Mexican edition in 1979. Again, thanks to Gabriel Corbera for providing me with information. I've asked him to provide me with an edition from Spain, which might be used in a future post.

Unlike the American things I post from my own collection, I've had to rely on contacts in other countries for these, or at least point me in the right direction, and so far I've been successful.

This version has mostly American content as well, like this one that uses the cover from March 1979, #205. The inside front and back covers are a pull-out poster of the cover.
Photobucket
Photobucket
from parody of Grease, which they call Fat
Photobucket
The Lighter Side of Weekends from #156, January 1973
Photobucket
Don Martin's sound effects would translate into any language.
Photobucket
They must have made up their own dialog in order for it to rhyme when they translated MAD's Rhyming Guide to Pro Football from #148, January 1972
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
When I first saw this, I thought it was a translation of the Battlestar Galactica parody but I see this was a show native to this country or this is a translation from another foreign MAD
Photobucket
The Small Businessman from #151, June 1972. It must have been easy to translate Sergio Aragones since his work didn't have words.
Photobucket
The back cover of #206, April 1979
Photobucket
I'm still trying to find versions from Greece, Brazil, South Africa, Iceland, Puerto Rico, China, Denmark, Finland, India, Turkey, and France. Preferably Gaines era since that's probably the version people (or at least me) are most familiar with. If you have information or leads, let me know at mwhistle@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment