Monday, July 11, 2011

CRACKED UP, 10 of 10

At long last, here's the end of CRACKED UP.

I have a pretty pop-culture literate audience but I've been told some of the references need some 'splainin. Why not just go all out with the hyperlinks?

From #100, May 1972, art by John Langton
Photobucket
Photobucket
from #92, May 1971

His biography tells us:”Chamberlain was known by various nicknames during his basketball playing career. He hated the ones that called attention to his height.“ If I slept with 20,000 women, I wouldn't care what my nickname was.
Photobucket
Everybody knows who Bing Crosby is so I don't need to link to anything about him.Piper Laurie and Willie Mays aren't household words, though.
Photobucket
John Severin's middle name is “Powers”, hence the “LePoer” signature.
Photobucket
from #86, August 1970, art by Vic Martin.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back cover art taken from the front cover illustration by Basil Gogos.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment