Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday potpourri

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I've run out of childhood art, so each Wednesday I'll put up some Nancy and Fritzi Ritz strips. Some are by Ernie Bushmiller, some are not. These aren't, but they do a good job of speaking Bushmiller-ese. I've just gotten a bunch of comics that have reformatted all kinds of Sunday strips, you can tell by the balloons in the middle of the panels. When I run out of Nancies in a few months I'll put up some of those, in the meantime, enjoy these....




I've found some more covers of dying victims being carried by someone for my collection. Other than that, I'm not much of a fan of "mainstream" comics after 1970.


And here's another Mort Drucker tampon ad from the early 70s.

And when I'm in NYC on Tuesdays I usually go to meetings where cartoonists get together called Artists With Problems, or AWP for short. Every time I come across a panel with someone saying "AWP!" I'll give it to them to use:

No comments:

Post a Comment