Monday, December 28, 2009

Laugh-In #4, 1 of 5

Here's something that's both a humor magazine and a fan magazine. ROWAN AND MARTIN'S LAUGH-IN was one of the most popular TV shows of the 60s inspiring shows such as SESAME STREET. It was like a Republican version of THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS COMEDY HOUR. For a while there was a magazine to accompany it. There were stills with material from the show, profiles of its stars, and original material. I actually like the artwork here better than the usual MAD/CRACKED/CRAZY style.












1 comment:

  1. When I first took an interest in Laugh-In as a kid (after somehow acquiring a copy of the big hardcover book--I wouldn't get to see the actual show until years later, not counting the short-lived revival), I bought one of the magazines at a used bookstore and wasreally put off by the art. Nowadays, I'm inclined to agree with you. Have you seen Roy Doty, newspaper-strip version? http://lambiek.net/artists/d/doty_roy.htm

    ReplyDelete