Friday, May 8, 2009

Pert Herman

I keep finding stuff I did as a kid and intend to put stuff up as I find it. Maybe I'll devote each day of the week to something different.

Pert Herman was a character Bobby and I thought up as teenagers. The premise was that he lost his legs in an accident concerning an anvil and travels the Earth in motor-powered wheels. He was already crazy before that and would hurt people and shout nonsense at them. He was one of the original Kids From Flippity Honk-Honk, part of "Mr.Moo-moo", Melvin Antwhistle's favorite show. Oh, if only we had the same creativity we did 25 years ago. I think we got the idea of the wheels from Gilbert Shelton's Oat Willie. As you can also see, I was heavily influenced by Smokey Stover, even though I'd only seen one strip in a book about the history of comics.



It's okay, I don't get it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment